Nothing is more important than your safety.
So if you ever smell natural gas, we want you to know exactly what to do.
First, leave the location where you detected the smell. Do this before calling for help. While you’re leaving, don’t turn electrical devices on or off, and never ignite a flame near the property. Be sure to leave the door open on your way out.
Call 911 or call Spire’s 24/7 emergency line. Never assume someone else called for help, and never report a gas leak via email or social media.
If you don’t own the office or residence, it’s a good idea to notify the property owner or manager in case repairs need to be made inside.
Steer clear of the area until you’re told it’s safe by a gas safety professional (Spire employee, police, fireman or other first responder on scene).
While natural gas is one of the safest and most reliable forms of energy available, serious and potentially fatal accidents can happen. Our promise to you is that we’ll do everything in our power to make sure they don’t.