Agency Assistance Hero
Hot Chocolate and Toppings Bar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces good-quality dark or bittersweet (60 to 70 percent cocoa) chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Espresso or strong coffee left over from the morning (okay to cheat and use Nescafe)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 2-inch piece orange rind
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup fresh whipped cream* (optional)
- Cocoa powder or chocolate shavings (optional)
- Combine heavy cream, chopped chocolate, cocoa, and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Stir well to incorporate, then place over low heat, whisking constantly until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the salt, vanilla, orange rind, milk and coffee.
- Cook over medium-low heat, continuing to stir with a whisk.
- Heat 5 minutes or until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan, stirring frequently (do not boil).
- Discard the rind.
Why not set up a HOT CHOCOLATE BAR for your next party?! Mix up a huge pot of hot chocolate. Display whipped cream, toppings, liqueurs, shavings, coffee flavorings, etc so guests can mix up their own concoction.