Weatherization assistance programs
No-cost support is available to help customers on fixed or limited incomes weatherize their homes.
A home that has been weatherized can reduce energy bills right away, saving annually on fuel usage by an average of 35 percent. That's why Spire is proud to help fund programs that help customers become more energy-efficient.
You may qualify for assistance if you meet the income guidelines outlined below. Even if you think you may not qualify, it's worth reaching out to your local community action agency to see what assistance is available.
Federal annual income guidelines
- 1-person household: $24,980
- 2-person household: $33,820
- 3-person household: $42,660
- 4-person household: $51,500
For households with more than four people, add $8,840 for each additional person.
- A professional energy audit
- Free home upgrades
- Free customer education on maintaining home safety and efficiency
- Lowering energy use
- An even safer, more comfortable home
- Start by calling the United Way at 211 or contact your local community action agency to see if you qualify
- A crew will visit your home and evaluate the weatherization needs
- The agency will review the recommendations from the crew and hire contractors for weatherization services
- Weatherization work will begin on your home
- The agency will inspect the completed work
See if you qualify for other special payment arrangements or programs
Learn more about Spire's DollarHelp program
If you need to upgrade or replace your natural gas furnace, financing options are available
Call Spire to speak with a representative about options personalized for your unique situation