Martie Pound Cake
Martie's Mom's Pound Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour 30-35 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan… grease and flour or spray with Baker’s Joy.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the cream cheese and the butter at medium speed until creamy. Then add the sugar, a little at a time. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, beating until they are combined. Turn the speed on the mixer down. Combine the salt and the flour; adding a little at a time until it is blended. Add the almond and vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire cooling rack to allow it to cool completely.